“The Ginza Official Site” (the “Website”) is operated by The Ginza Co., Ltd. (“The Ginza”).
Article 2 (Definition of Users and Members)
- For the purposes of these Terms, “User” or “Users” means any and all persons who use the Services, regardless of whether or not they are individually identifiable by The Ginza.
- Those Users who register for membership by agreeing to The Ginza Membership Program Terms of Membership and completing the prescribed procedures shall be referred to as The Ginza Membership Program Members (“Member” or “Members”), and may use services, etc., provided by the Website specifically for Members.
- For details of The Ginza Membership Program Terms of Membership, please check the following.
Users who actually use the Services shall be deemed to have agreed to these Terms.
Article 4 (Equipment Necessary to Use the Services)
Any terminal devices, communications equipment, software, communication fees, and other facilities, etc., necessary in order to receive the Services must be prepared by the Users at their own cost.
Article 5 (Notification and Change of Terms)
The Ginza may revise all or part of the content of these Terms at its sole discretion, without prior notice to Users.
In such cases, The Ginza shall notify Users of the revisions made on the Website, and revisions shall take effect as of the point in time at which they are displayed on the Website.
Article 6 (Prohibited Acts)
When using the Website, The Ginza prohibits Users from engaging in the following acts (including acts inducive of or in preparation of those acts).
Judgements as to whether or not specific acts qualify under the following items shall be made by The Ginza. (Such judgements shall be made freely at the discretion of The Ginza, and the same shall apply hereinafter, wherever the phrases “The Ginza judges” or “the judgement of The Ginza” are used in these Terms.)
- Any act that defames, slanders or otherwise damages, or may defame, slander or otherwise damage the good name of the good name of other Users, third parties, The Ginza or Shiseido Co., Ltd. (including affiliates of Shiseido Co., Ltd., collectively, “The Ginza, etc.”);
- Any act that infringes or may infringe upon the property rights or privacy of other Users, third parties or The Ginza, etc.;
- Any act that infringes or may infringe upon the intellectual property rights (including copyrights, design rights, patent rights, utility model rights and trademarks) or image/portrait rights of other Users, third parties or The Ginza, etc.;
- Any act that involves sending or writing harmful computer programs or the like;
- Any act that offends or may offend public order and moral standards of decency, or that constitutes or may constitute a criminal act;
- Any act using or preparing to use the Services for commercial purposes;
- Election campaign activities or any similar acts, or any other act that relates to politics and/or religion;
- Any other act that hinders operation of the Services;
- Using another Member’s ID to use the Services;
- Obtaining, disclosing or providing another Member’s ID or password, etc., regardless of the method used to do so;
- Any act that violates the laws of Japan or whatever country or region the User is in when using the Services; or
- Any other acts that The Ginza judges to be inappropriate.
Article 7 (Liability Regarding Use of Information Provided Via the Website)
The Ginza makes no guarantees that information obtained by Users via the Website, including information transmitted by other Users, etc., is complete, useful or otherwise.
Users shall make judgements with regard to using the website at their own liability, and The Ginza shall not be held liable whatsoever for the consequences of Users using or trusting such information, etc., obtained via the Website.
Article 8 (Copyrights and Other Intellectual Property Rights)
- All rights relating to all content displayed on the Website belong to or are used by under license or other legitimate title by The Ginza, etc., and The Ginza prohibits Users from using any and all content displayed on the Website for any purpose other than personal use, from redistributing said content, and from using or reproducing said content without permission, either within or outside the network.
- All trademarks and service marks appearing on the Website belong to or are used under license or other legitimate title by The Ginza, etc., and The Ginza prohibits Users from using any such trademarks and service marks without permission.
- Any copyrights (including rights provided for in Article 27 and Article 28 of the Copyright Act) or other intellectual property rights arising from or in connection with information provided by the Users shall be transferred from the Users to The Ginza free of charge, and the Users shall not exercise author’s moral rights or any similar rights whatsoever.
Article 9 (Changes, Addition and Termination of Services)
In any of the following cases, The Ginza may terminate or temporarily suspend the provision of all or part of the Services without prior notice to the Users.
- In the event of conducting regular or emergency work, including maintenance or inspections of the systems that provide the Services;
- In the event of a breakdown or failure of the systems that provide the Services;
- In the event of a power outage, fire, earthquake or other force majeure that makes provision of the Services difficult; or
- In the event that there are other reasonable grounds with respect to the operation or technology of the Services.
- The Ginza may make changes or additions to or terminate all or part of the Services without prior notice to the Users.
- The Ginza shall not be held liable whatsoever for any detriment or damage to Users arising as a result of any of the measures provided for under the preceding paragraphs.
Article 10 (Third-Party Websites)
The Ginza shall not be held liable whatsoever for any damages arising from the use of other websites managed or operated by third parties that are linked from the Website, and shall not incur any obligations to compensate users for any such damages whatsoever.
Article 11 (Handling of Personal Information)
- The Ginza does not, as a general rule, require Users to provide any personal information, such as addresses or names, which could be used to identify the User (“Personal Information”) in order to access and view the Website.
Users may be required to register Personal Information in cases limited to use of the following services on the Website.
The following services may be used free of charge; however, the costs associated with accessing the Website, such as communication and Internet service provider fees, shall be borne by the User.
- When the User registers as a Member on the Website;
- When the User wishes to receive email communication services from The Ginza;
- When the User applies to participate in prize competitions on the Website in order to receive samples, presents or other items;
- When the User shops and purchases products in online auctions on the Website;
- When the User views Members-only pages on the Website; or
- When the User wishes to request informational materials, etc., from The Ginza.
- The Ginza shall manage all Personal Information obtained from Users appropriately, in accordance with its “Privacy Notice” and the “The Ginza Membership Program Terms of Membership.”
Article 12 (Indemnity and Compensation for Damages)
- If any User violates these Terms or inflicts damages on The Ginza by fraudulent acts, The Ginza may claim reasonable compensation from such User.
Any User who, by using the Services, inflicts damages on third parties shall settle such damages at their own responsibility.
- Unless otherwise provided under these Terms, The Ginza shall not be held liable by Users or third parties for any failure or breakdown of the systems that provide the Services, any intrusion to the systems by any third party, or any commercial disputes, etc., arising as a consequence of using the Services, for any reason whatsoever.
Article 13 (Website Security)
The Website uses highly secure technologies and protects the Personal Information of customers (Users) by maintaining a high level of security.
- Prevention of unauthorized access with a firewall
- Prevention of unauthorized access through periodic analysis of access logs and an intrusion detection system
- Data encryption
The function of cookies on the Website is to store information on the User’s computer regarding content which they have viewed on the Website. Information collected through the use of such cookies does not include any information, such as e-mail addresses or full names, which can be used to personally identify individuals.
- For the purpose of temporarily storing information necessary for Users to view the Website more conveniently in cases where the Website contains an application which extends across multiple pages;
- For the purpose of referring to Users’ saved registration information when the Users are logged into the authentication service, in order to be able to provide each User with customized services;
- For analyzing, or for companies to which The Ginza entrusts its survey analysis activities to analyze, the Users’ access trends on the Website in order to provide better Services via the Website;
- For the purpose of displaying the most appropriate advertising on the websites of other companies, based on content that Users are interested in, and their usage patterns on the Website; or
- For the purpose of prompting Users to re-enter (re-authenticate) their passwords after a certain period of time has elapsed since their last use, in order to maintain security, when the User uses the authentication service.
- In order for Users to use the Services appropriately, they must consent to the terms of the preceding paragraph and allow cookies.
Users may set their browser to reject cookies; however, they shall consent in advance that, in doing so, some parts of the Website may cease to function appropriately and certain content may become unavailable for use.
- On the Website, technology known as “web beacons” are used in order to obtain statistics on the usage of the Services by Users.
No Personal Information of Users is collected by web beacons.
Users can also disable the collection of information by web beacons by setting their computers to reject cookies.
On the Website, the Ginza uses the “Google Analytics” service (provided by Google LLC) in order to obtain information on the usage of the Services by Users.
Google Analytics uses The Ginza cookies to collect and analyze information on Users which does not contain Personal Information.
Google Analytics Terms of Service:
Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on:
Article 15 (Linking to the Website)
Users may freely paste a link to the Website from their own websites, except for those which include the following kinds of content.
- Any content that is offensive to public order or moral standards of decency;
- Any content that violates laws or ordinances;
- Any content that defames or slanders The Ginza, etc., or any of its affiliates; or
- Any other content that is judged objectively by The Ginza to be detrimental to its corporate value.
- When linking to the Website, as a general rule, Users are requested to link to the top / home page of the Website (https://www.onlineshop.theginza.co.jp).
Users consent that linked pages are subject to change or deletion without prior notice to the Users.
- The Ginza shall not be held liable whatsoever for any detriment arising from or in connection with relocation or deletion of the page at The Ginza’s own convenience.
Article 16 (Governing Law and Court of Jurisdiction)
The Website and these Terms shall be governed, construed and applied in accordance with the laws of Japan.
Unless otherwise provided, any and all disputes arising from or in connection with the Website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court as the court of first instance.
Established: March 27, 2020 (Version 2)